Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Badass

Free Avatar Sticky + Kit Suggestion

The cool gu 2 came up with an idea of letting people use pixel avatars that people have made for free.

So I was thinking that we could make a sticky in the pixel studio for people to post these. The reason I think this would be a good idea is because it would be good practice for people to make their work and it would be recognised across the forum. Of course, we'd still keep the other sticky, but I think that the other set is getting a bit boring and out of date. New pixel avatars for everyone to use would be less drab looking and look much better.

I’d like to hear your opinions and see if you support this idea.

EDIT: I've just come up with another idea.

A new forum in the pixel kit forum could be created and given the name pixel kit archive. In this forum, large high-quality kits could be added for everyone to easily access and use. Of course, people have to decide if a kit is worth of that forum (maybe a mod or a forum poll to decide).

I think this would be a good idea because it's ashame how many decent kits are being lost to the page 2+ monster because of some lower quality kits that were made in 2 minutes.

Opinions on this are appreciated

Summary

• Public Pixel Avatar Gallery Sticky
  • Pixel Kit Archive Forum
Edited by Morpheus

I like the idea of a public pixel avatar sticky. Though i am not too sure about the pixel kit sticky.

Fully support public pixels, good practise and perfect for people finding an avatar quick and easy.

I like the idea of a public pixel avatar sticky. Though i am not too sure about the pixel kit sticky.

Fully support public pixels, good practise and perfect for people finding an avatar quick and easy.

I'm glad to hear that you like the idea of a public pixel avatar sticky.

Concerning the pixel kit idea - I originally suggested a pixel kit archive, but I don't know if you'll find that any more appealing than the sticky which you thought I posted :ice:

i think there both a good idea but what about rippage of the pixels? I know its kind of a naggy thing to say but what if somepeople think that because there free to use they can sell them or other things on other forums.

but what if somepeople think that because there free to use they can sell them or other things on other forums.

Maybe we could put a discrete water mark on each pixel e.g. a relatively large S at 5% opacity.

there is no point in making an archive the whole kit place is an archive and the problem with a avatar sticky is that people can post images of the net that dont belong to them!