Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
blad

Multiple "runescape Name" Spots

Well, you know how below your location and all that, there's a spot for your RuneScape name. However, I've noticed that many people have two or more RuneScape names they want to put in. The problem is, the name feature can only link one name to the hiscores. So a pretty simple idea: multiple spots! For example:

(Location)

RS Name 1:

RS Name 2:

RS Name 3:

RS Name 4:

Get what I'm saying, sortakindamaybe?

~ßlade

I don't think it should exceed three though otherwise someone might make a mockery of it being a function, three max should be good enough anyway, yes? Possible.

I like the idea, but two should be the maximum. Your characters shouldn't be interacting, so keeping more than two accounts any good would be pretty difficult. :P People might break the rules, but I think putting in more spots is almost like supporting the rule breaking. :xd:

I like the idea, but two should be the maximum. Your characters shouldn't be interacting, so keeping more than two accounts any good would be pretty difficult. :P People might break the rules, but I think putting in more spots is almost like supporting the rule breaking. :xd:

Or maybe if we set it as:

Main RS Account:

Side RS Account:

It wouldn't really be affected that much. However I don't see how this encourages rule breaking where I only see it as a list of people listing their mains and pures. I still have not offered my vote for or against this because I would prefer to see what the general of the forum thinks upon the idea.

I like the idea too. Most people do have more than one account anyway.

I also agree that it would be the best to have the "main" and "side" RS accounts stated. Therefore, it's clear that I'm obviously also agreeing that the maximum number of accounts you can list will be... two. :xd:

Two sounds good to me too. I agree.

Edit: Oops, I forgot we're not supposed to post just "I agree." :xd: Err... I think this will be very helpful and alleviate some of the major problems on the forum!! Great idea!!

I like the idea, but two should be the maximum. Your characters shouldn't be interacting, so keeping more than two accounts any good would be pretty difficult. :/ People might break the rules, but I think putting in more spots is almost like supporting the rule breaking. :(

But doesn't a level in a skill(s) stay good? You don't need to keep the accounts good, since all you need to do is make them good and leave them, I think you mean active.

I support having two accounts since a person cannot have 3 or more accounts that they frequently go on. And you can always change the names depending on which account you are on more.

I think that we might add two 'main' names to the profile bar (the one coming up beside our posts), and add all the other names to a textbox, whose contents would come up only by viewing a person's profile.

I.e.: I have 11 characters, football team ftw. :(

I think that we might add two 'main' names to the profile bar (the one coming up beside our posts), and add all the other names to a textbox, whose contents would come up only by viewing a person's profile.

However I am still afraid of people abusing it even, on their own profiles. If we are to do that I would say 2 on our post and a max of 5 on our profile page.

However I am still afraid of people abusing it even, on their own profiles. If we are to do that I would say 2 on our post and a max of 5 on our profile page.

How could anyone abuse it? It would be like an "interests" textbox.

How could anyone abuse it? It would be like an "interests" textbox.

*Points to the one person who wants to list 80+ accounts they rarely use*

You know someone is going to list a ton of accounts, possibly ones they don't even own in a way of showing off. That is why I feel that a max of 5 is all that is necessary.

You know someone is going to list a ton of accounts, possibly ones they don't even own in a way of showing off. That is why I feel that a max of 5 is all that is necessary.

I see your point. :/ Yes, a limitation would be welcome. :(

Well I don't think this is really needed because almost everyone has just one account. The main account and other one won't work because if people want to talk to you in-game they would want to talk to your main right? If it's your main account than thats the account you're "mainly" on.

I don't support this. Most people have a "main". If people want to add you, they will either add your main account or just pm you and ask to be added to your friends list. I don't see a change being needed to be honest.

Good idea, but only 2 max. I support this. :aware:

BTW, it could be abused like this:

RS Name 1: Kiss

RS Name 2: My

RS Name 3: A**

So, two max is best. :blink:

*Points to the one person who wants to list 80+ accounts they rarely use*

What good would it do the person? I'm not going to say. "Wow, congratz on 80+ acounts, you are the master of RS." :/ If someone wants to put up a fake acount to show off, 1 or 80 isn't going to make a difference. But I would like your honest opinion if someoen who has more acounts than 2 is therefor a better player? I think not... :blink:

Good idea, but only 2 max. I support this. :xd:

So, two max is best. :aware:

So what is going to stop him from doing:

RS Name 1: Kiss My

RS Name 2: A**

?

Edited by Zed Doomstar

Or with the one we have "Kiss My A**"? lol,so for the abusing it takes only one :blink:

But yeh I htink that two should be max - one for your main and another one for your pure (or if you have more pures - the one you play with most or is most pwning).

Though for me it'd be annoying to have two spaces for RS Names when I have just one and maybe put an option in the control panel to how many RS Names to have in the profile?

Good idea, but only 2 max. I support this. :xd:

So, two max is best. :aware:

So what is going to stop him from doing:

RS Name 1: Kiss My

RS Name 2: A**

?

Or with the one we have "Kiss My A**"? lol,so for the abusing it takes only one :blink:

Note I said could. I never stated it was the only way. :/ It's true it can be abused with only one or two names.

Note I said could. I never stated it was the only way. :blink: It's true it can be abused with only one or two names.

Then why limit to two?

Note I said could. I never stated it was the only way. :blink: It's true it can be abused with only one or two names.

Then why limit to two?

Why exceed it past your main account and your main secondary or main secondary "pure" if you have one? If we make it limitless some people might abuse it in the form of cursing or false acclamations of accounts which they do NOT OWN. Of course this goes against our rules by imposterment, however I only see two max if implemented.

Good idea, but only 2 max. I support this. :aware:

So, two max is best. :blink:

Couldn't someone do:

R.S. Name: My

R.S. Status: A**

?

~ßlade

Edited by darth ßlade

I like the idea, but two should be the maximum. Your characters shouldn't be interacting, so keeping more than two accounts any good would be pretty difficult. :/ People might break the rules, but I think putting in more spots is almost like supporting the rule breaking. :s

But doesn't a level in a skill(s) stay good? You don't need to keep the accounts good, since all you need to do is make them good and leave them, I think you mean active.

I support having two accounts since a person cannot have 3 or more accounts that they frequently go on. And you can always change the names depending on which account you are on more.

Yeah, I meant active. :xd:

Who the heck has 5 accounts that they actually use? :blink: I don't think we should make accomodations for people (by giving extra space for account names) who are breaking the rules. Yeah, most of us probably break them in some way. But the site as a whole shouldn't give 5 spaces because I don't think there is a single person who has 5 good, active accounts that don't interact with eachother. :/

I'm not sure where the abuse by putting bad words in there comes in, though. :aware: You can do that already. The abuse I see is giving people four places, you'll put in a few of your RSNs and then another one or two that aren't yours to make yourself look better. With two there's less of a chance of that because I think a lot of people do have more than one account. Though, with one there is almost no chance... :/

Steve if you would have read further down I have shifted my position to two. Still wouldn't claiming an account thats not yours be listed as impersonation and possibly deserving of a warn?

Well, you know how below your location and all that, there's a spot for your RuneScape name. However, I've noticed that many people have two or more RuneScape names they want to put in. The problem is, the name feature can only link one name to the hiscores. So a pretty simple idea: multiple spots! For example:

(Location)

RS Name 1:

RS Name 2:

RS Name 3:

RS Name 4:

Get what I'm saying, sortakindamaybe?

~ßlade

I agree 100%, there are many people with pures or other accounts that get annoyed because they can not put more than one account in the runescape account area.

Who the heck has 5 accounts that they actually use? I don't think we should make accomodations for people (by giving extra space for account names) who are breaking the rules. Yeah, most of us probably break them in some way. But the site as a whole shouldn't give 5 spaces because I don't think there is a single person who has 5 good, active accounts that don't interact with eachother.

I'm not sure where the abuse by putting bad words in there comes in, though. You can do that already. The abuse I see is giving people four places, you'll put in a few of your RSNs and then another one or two that aren't yours to make yourself look better. With two there's less of a chance of that because I think a lot of people do have more than one account. Though, with one there is almost no chance...

Also, I say to those people that say that it will promote the breaking of rules. How can it? I mean runescape allows people to have as many accounts as they want just as long as they don't interact. It is irrelevant to say that allowing people to put all their accounts on the R.S. Name area will promote the breaking of rules. The 5 space for account idea will give place to all the people that need the space, not that many will need it. Most people will atmost use 3 spaces but the extra 2 are "just incase".

Edited by vegeta spike