Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Darkblister4

People Setting

I don't know if this will help but I will give it a try. In the area that tells you who is on the forum, I am always trying to find my friends so I can pm them, I know I can just find them on my pm list but if I have to go thought that just to see if they are on. Why don't we have like a little section or spot in the list that shows us who in our friends list is on? I don't know if this idea is good but thats what I would want.

Edited by Darkblister4

Well, its not too much effort to just check if your friend is there, and you could always search (on windows control + f to search). I also believe it would be quite hard to add it onto the forum? Although there may be a mod already out for it?

Well, its not too much effort to just check if your friend is there, and you could always search (on windows control + f to search). I also believe it would be quite hard to add it onto the forum? Although there may be a mod already out for it?

Not one I know of? Couldn't you just add a page titled "Friends" to your blog and link to your friends profiles on that?

Not one I know of? Couldn't you just add a page titled "Friends" to your blog and link to your friends profiles on that?

I thought he meant on the "People online" section on the main page, he wanted to check if any of his friends were online, and then those who were he could pm? Which would mean adding a new unique group per user of "friends" showing in a different colour, which i dont think is possible..?

Sorry if im wrong ^^

I don't know. I already explained this idea most likely won't work. I just thought others would want this too because I hate going through the trouble to go and click on the "my controls", go to buddies, click their name, and see if their on, then if i want to see another, click back and click their name and again, see if their on. With this idea, you can just scroll down and there they are. I don't want it as a separate section, I meant like right after dm's or whoever is apart of the staff's name, theres the name of my buddies there.

Now that is impossible, being that those are titles so it basically is impossible to do what your saying.

This is actually a feature in the new version of IPB - you can add friends to your list and view them in an "offline" and "online" list. I don't think it would be too difficult to create a mod to do this for this version of IPB, but with finals this week and next and the Christmas holiday approaching, I don't think I have time to write a mod for it. :)

This is one update which would be very useful in my opinion. :)

It can get annoying to go through my PM Buddy list just to see which of my friends are online. Either that or staring at the memberlist blankly until I see their name or searching the memberlist.

It'd make a great New Year present for the forum. hopeyouhavetimeafterthat-nottryingtoimplyanything.gif

Edited by .Un0

This is actually a feature in the new version of IPB - you can add friends to your list and view them in an "offline" and "online" list. I don't think it would be too difficult to create a mod to do this for this version of IPB, but with finals this week and next and the Christmas holiday approaching, I don't think I have time to write a mod for it. :)

Aww, well then good luck, however I thought he meant a section where the member titles were listed, but if its possible than I guess we can give it a try.

Most likely, by the time Christmastime is over, I'll be getting ready to upgrade the forum to 2.2 anyways. The only reason I'm waiting is the fact that a lot of mods haven't been upgraded yet like the tutorials system, which probably deserves an entire rewrite, instead of an upgrade ( :P ), and the mod center which is still in beta testing. Without those, a big chunk of must-have features are going to be unavailable, so I'm just waiting for the mod writers to finish up. :D

It'd make a great New Year present for the forum. hopeyouhavetimeafterthat-nottryingtoimplyanything.gif

What are you implying... un0... Theta? :wub:

Most likely, by the time Christmastime is over, I'll be getting ready to upgrade the forum to 2.2 anyways. The only reason I'm waiting is the fact that a lot of mods haven't been upgraded yet like the tutorials system, which probably deserves an entire rewrite, instead of an upgrade ( :P ), and the mod center which is still in beta testing. Without those, a big chunk of must-have features are going to be unavailable, so I'm just waiting for the mod writers to finish up. :ice:

What are you implying... un0... Theta? :P

You should wait a few months for all the security risks and stuff to be removed. Security risk FTL. :wub:

however I thought he meant a section where the member titles were listed, but if its possible than I guess we can give it a try.
Yeah, but it would be giving him the concept that he wanted. Instead of having to click each profile he can go to this list to view if they're online or not.

If I want to see if someone is on I press CTRL+F and type their name. As soon as it goes red I know they aren't online. :D Which reminds me: Sal, does this this account for people (like me) who are anonymous but online? Or would it show those people as offline?

This would be really helpful. I hate using the search for the person see if they are online. Then search again for another friend to see if other friends are on.

@Sal We can't upgrade the profiles look tacky.. I mean uh.. what Steve said :doubt:

What are you implying... un0... Theta? :doubt:

*cough* Go figure. :xd:

If I want to see if someone is on I press CTRL+F and type their name. As soon as it goes red I know they aren't online. :xd: Which reminds me: Sal, does this this account for people (like me) who are anonymous but online? Or would it show those people as offline?

Hmm...I think it would show as "Off-line". After all when you log in as anonymous and some one views your profile, you are listed as offline but have the "Last Active x minutes" ago thing still...

(apologies if you wanted Sal to answer that not me :mad: :/)

Edited by .Un0

Sounds reasonable, but why do you need to check? All you have to do is go to the bottom of the forum homepage and examine the form that shows who is online. Not particuarly difficult. I sure hopes this works:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?/

If you scroll to the bottom, you will find the list of online members.

Dang, the stupid "#" function won't work.

In HTML, the function to bring you to the top is thus:

<a href="#top">Take Me to the Top</a>

How do you make it go to the bottom of the page?

"#bottom", "#end" and "#down" don't work.

This is actually a feature in the new version of IPB - you can add friends to your list and view them in an "offline" and "online" list. I don't think it would be too difficult to create a mod to do this for this version of IPB, but with finals this week and next and the Christmas holiday approaching, I don't think I have time to write a mod for it. >.<

We get a new forum version? Very interesting, but do we have to download it or anything like that? I would rather not have to download anything or pay to post at the forum.

Sounds reasonable, but why do you need to check? All you have to do is go to the bottom of the forum homepage and examine the form that shows who is online. Not particuarly difficult. I sure hopes this works:

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/forums/index.php?/

If you scroll to the bottom, you will find the list of online members.

Dang, the stupid "#" function won't work.

In HTML, the function to bring you to the top is thus:

<a href="#top">Take Me to the Top</a>

How do you make it go to the bottom of the page?

"#bottom", "#end" and "#down" don't work.

This is actually a feature in the new version of IPB - you can add friends to your list and view them in an "offline" and "online" list. I don't think it would be too difficult to create a mod to do this for this version of IPB, but with finals this week and next and the Christmas holiday approaching, I don't think I have time to write a mod for it. >.<

We get a new forum version? Very interesting, but do we have to download it or anything like that? I would rather not have to download anything or pay to post at the forum.

I don't understand really what your trying to say but I do know there is a list down there.