Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
WeePee

Christmas Update - How To Get Them.

Rosie has unfortunately had several problems with Imps invading the workshop and stealing all the baubles, so if you don’t fancy painting them, you can always retrieve them from the Christmas imps hanging around the Varrock Xmas tree. Don’t forget you’ll still need to pack them in boxes before you can give them back to Rosie.

If you should be unfortunate enough to misplace or lose your marionette, you can get another one from the large box by the ladder to the pixie workshop. Lost scarves and hats can be retrieved from Diango himself.

Ok For Starters The christmas update includes:-

-A Big Tree

-Cool Imps that are dressed up as santa or elves and you can rob them

-4 Scarfs

-4 Hats

-1 Toy (Puppet)

First head to Diango in Draynor. He is the toy salesman.

Here Is the map of Diang > and the Workshop:

FullMap.png

Heres a pic of Diango:

diango1sx.png

He tells you that his toy making pixies done something wrong and aren't making toys as fast as they are suppose to. Once you have finished listening to diango he will tell you where to go. The workshop ladders are located here:

houseworkshop1hw.png

1.png

There is the house. Its next to the '!' Once inside It might be crowded because of the amount of people doing this kind of miniquest. The Head Pixie 'Rosie' will be the nearest NPC as u enter the workshop.

Here she is:

rosie5tr.png

First thing to do is to talk to her, and you want to ask questions. there will be many options as show below:

rosieoptions8yl.png

Click 'I need a box for painted Baubles' And you will get an empty present box.

Here it is ;)

packet3gy.png

Now head to the far east of the room and you will se many crate. Make sure you have an empty inventory apart from your empty boxes. Now fill the inventory full of Baubles from the crates.

Here is a pic:

workshop27zg.png

Once your inventory is full head to the far west. Now Its Time to paint.

Heres a pic of the painting area:

workshop13wf.png

Now left click a workbench with paints on and paint. I found painting in order easier I used...

Pink > Blue > Green > Yellow > Red

Heres a pic of the painting option:

paints9nl.png

Once every bauble is painted left click on the painted baubles in order again (Pink to Red as show above) and use each on the empty box. Now that the box is full go back to Rosie the head pixie and ask a new box again. once you have Repeated the process and have 13 (Yes, 13) Filled Boxes. Talk to rosie again. she will take 8/13 Boxes of you. now Talk to diango and get 4 Scarfs.

Heres a pic of the scarfs:

scarfs7wc.png

By the way, From left to right the scarfs are:

Jester Scarf, Bobble Scarf, Wolly Scarf and Tri-Jester Scarf.

Now, head to varrock centre where the fountain usually is and you will see a giant tree

11.png

So Use the remaining 5 Bauble filled boxes with the tree and a cut scene will occur. Watch it and when its finished left click at the bottom of the tree and you will recieve a Puppet :)

Heres a pic of all the puppets:

Red:

puppet9wz.png

Blue:

bluepuppet1635318ld.png

Green:

greenpuppet1639063mq.png

And here is a pic of what you can do with them. :s Thanks Steve :)

marionette.png

Now head back to rosie in the workshop and instead of asking for a box for painted Baulines ask for a box for Marionettes (puppets).

And Head down stairs.

Downstairs:

puppetplacedownstairs9wa.png

Ok, The reason I labled each crate is because instead of painting you make the puppets.

But, You make them in this order:

Torso > Head > Arms > Legs > String.

marionettes4ss.png

NOTE:To string talk to any pixie in the workshop.

marionettesstring6jw.png

Ok With the new box that was givin to you bye rosie. Make 2 of each coloured puppet (2 Green, 2 Red, 2 Blue) And put all 6 puppets in the box. Repeat this till you have 8 filled boxes. now its off to Falador :s

Once in falador had north to Dorics House which is in Dorics Quest and just 5 steps west there is a mysterious man. Which To some is Saradomin, Guthix and Santa ( o_O )

Heres a picture of him:

fatherxmas8mh.png

Talk to him with the 8 puppet filled boxes and he will tell you to speak to Diango. So head back to Draynor and speak to Diango to recieve 4 Hats

Here is a picture of the hats:

hatsxmas8bw.png

Here are the four sets of hat/scarf you will get:

hats.png

If you dont like the color of yours, you can get a new one from there. You can only have ONE marionette at a time, so just destory your current one to get a new one. The three colors are red, blue, and green.

newmarion.png

Congratulations! You've Completed 2005 Christmas Holiday Update!

Thanks From Patou and a BIG thanks to Steve and Just as big thanks for Linkred2

Edited by WarriorP

xando Posted Today, 08:55 PM

I already finished all that stuff (without any guide) except the imps... Where can I find the imps

There's some near gertrudies house near varrok there pretty funny.

Nice guide! I was gonna write one tomorrow if nobody else had....meh :)

Does it not annoy you this guide will be no good after the 3rd of jan?

Nice guide! I was gonna write one tomorrow if nobody else had....meh :)

Does it not annoy you this guide will be no good after the 3rd of jan?

true, its just that many people are asking me for help :)

so I thought i might as well.

maybe this should be in scape lounge or gerneral rs discussion..

i doubt they are gonna put it on the site, because its only for this christmas.

nice guide.

i got everything by mysef though. :).

Nice guide man.

and i am not sure, but i think there is a section for the holiday drops, so sal could put it there. This way, people cuold remember what happened. In fact, it wuold be awesome to get this guide posted on website.

Nice guide man.

and i am not sure, but i think there is a section for the holiday drops, so sal could put it there. This way, people cuold remember what happened. In fact, it wuold be awesome to get this guide posted on website.

That makes sense, it could go in the archieves :) great one patou :)

Wow, this is an awesome guide! It can definitely be used on the site, I'll just label it as a "Seasonal" guide in the tips section and I'll link to it from the holiday guide too. :) Very cool, nice job. :)

Since your guide is better then mine Ill help you out.. Here is a pic of the tree:

11.png

Here is a pic of the house (it might help people find it):

1.png

I am about to go and get some more for you :)

Edited by Steve

Here are pics of the marionette dancing thingys: (also examine)

marionette.png

The pics dont show it well, but meh. You dont have to use any of these if you dont wanna

Im now going to map the place, NOBODY ELSE WILL. Mmkay? Im mapping, I said this 5:29pm US Eastern, thats 10:29pm GMT. Oh well now its 1 minute later lol time changed while I wrote this

EDIT: Ok I got the pics of the map, Im putting it together. Lol I :) santa + jester scarf. Looks awesome

EDIT 2: Ehh, map isnt too good... :)

FullMap.png

Edited by Steve

Usually you dont have all the people in it.. Ive only ever mapped one thing before and that was for Tears of Guthix, so erm yeah nobody else was there.

EDIT: You might want to add:

Its suggested that you bring two sets of teleport runes for Falador and one set of teleport runes for Varrock.

You teleport to Fally to get to the guy by Taverly, then tele back to Fally to get back. Varrock teles are obvious. Btw this is only for F2Pers, P2Pers should bring a glory ammy, and one set of teles for each of Varrock and Fally :)

Edited by Steve

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines and Privacy Policy.