Sal's RuneScape Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ambo100

Xmas/winter Theme [voting Over]

Site Winter Logo  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Which banner do you prefer?

• Choice #1: [img]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/8816/topbannermi7.png[/img]
    • Choice #2: [img]http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/4913/bannergc5.png[/img]

Ive seen that other runescape sites have a xmas theme like rune tips and runescape. <_<

Just like the halloween theeme we can make an xmas theme and i would like to help.

What we have made so far:

mk83im0.png

EDIT:

Attention Everyone

Lots of topics have been made about when the winter / Xmas theme will go. It will go at the end of winter.

This Quote from Wikipedia on this topic Shows when

Astronomically, it starts with the winter solstice (around December 21 in the Northern Hemisphere and June 21 in the Southern Hemisphere), and ends with the spring equinox (around March 21 in the Northern Hemisphere and September 21 in the Southern Hemisphere). In meteorology, it is by convention counted instead as the whole months of June, July and August in the Southern Hemisphere and December, January and February in the Northern Hemisphere.
Edited by Ambo100

We already have the ChristmasNow skin for the forums - the website, well...no clue. <_<

Dont think it is needed, but if Sal has some extra time, it would be nice.

~Mole

Dont think it is needed, but if Sal has some extra time, it would be nice.

~Mole

can you explain why it is not needed. its just to make it look nice <_<

I don't like the idea of having a christmas theme on the site. Just because Christianity is (possibly) the largest religion on these forums and of people who visit the site doesn't mean we should have a skin that reflects that. I'm sure there are people of other religions that use it. Having some image changes that have things to represent many holidays that occur around this time of the year is a good idea, though. <_< Get in the holiday spirit. :party:

I say the site should have a touch of the HOLIDAYS, which includes christmas and hanukka not to offend anyone, and other holidays <_<.

1) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, or simply click the button that says "page down" or "Pg Dn"

2) Click on the arrow next to the orange icon that says "RSS"

3) Click "christmasnow"

chrsstw3.png

We already have one :wub:

I see too much controversy, we have an RS Christmas Skin.

However wouldn't adding a Christian touch make us seem slightly arrogant, remember there are people who are atheist, deist, Jewish, Agnostic, Muslim and other variations. For a holiday skin I disagree, however just for winter symbols (snow flakes, snow man) I don't see a problem because that just reflects the season.

However wouldn't adding a Christian touch make us seem slightly arrogant, remember there are people who are atheist, deist, Jewish, Agnostic, Muslim and other variations. For a holiday skin I disagree, however just for winter symbols (snow flakes, snow man) I don't see a problem because that just reflects the season.

That's only the season on the northern hemisphere, then we're discriminating against people in the southern hemisphere (such as Australians). :P

Or we could just leave it how it is so nobody can complain. :wub:

A winter or holiday themed banner and logo (currently the 3 RuneScape characters on the top-left of the pages) would do nicely for this time of year, but my PS skills are kinda rusty. :wub:

That's only the season on the northern hemisphere, then we're discriminating against people in the southern hemisphere (such as Australians). :P

Or we could just leave it how it is so nobody can complain. :wub:

Well maybe if we kept it RS themed instead then we won't have a problem but I don't see why images are a must so I agree with Steve here.

A winter or holiday themed banner and logo (currently the 3 RuneScape characters on the top-left of the pages) would do nicely for this time of year, but my PS skills are kinda rusty. :D

And they probably will be for a bit longer being you said:

with finals this week and next and the Christmas holiday approaching, I don't think I have time to write a mod for it.

Go get studying :P. That was taken from another thread.

1) Scroll down to the bottom of the page, or simply click the button that says "page down" or "Pg Dn"

3) Click "christmasnow"

chrsstw3.png

We already have one :mad:

Not the forums, the website.

Anyways, I like the idea. Sal, it wouldn't have to be perfect or anything. Just..you know...a candy cane and a snowflake or something :doubt:

~ßlade

3) Click "christmasnow"

chrsstw3.png

We already have one :P

Can people stop posting that we have the forums as a xmas skin when im talking about the website

A winter or holiday themed banner and logo (currently the 3 RuneScape characters on the top-left of the pages) would do nicely for this time of year, but my PS skills are kinda rusty.

Since they are just images on runescape i dont know what to do

That's only the season on the northern hemisphere, then we're discriminating against people in the southern hemisphere (such as Australians).

Yer austrailians woulnt have halloween or easter at that time.

And also you said that we shouldnt have xmas skin because of the religeon well the halloween relgeon is about some devil thing

And also you said that we shouldnt have xmas skin because of the religeon well the halloween relgeon is about some devil thing

And people who aren't even religious, well a lot of them actually very few people don't celebrate some form of Halloween :P.

i dont celebarte halloween although i do the runescape halloween uptade. Maybe instead of xmas style with angels maybe a more season theeme with snow But PLEASE not the animated snow that falls on the page that is just Sooo Anoying

This may seem a little out there but maybe we could have a competition in the graphics place to see who can create the best holiday thingee layout

I will host it!!

and give cretits to you for the idea of the competition

Edited by Ambo100

Hmm. Maybe just change the background to something like the ChristmasNow skin? I just took the background from it and added a gradient map, maybe use something like this now and when Sal finishes his testing he could add more?

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6938/salshd8.png

For the poll area and stuff either make the background like white 5% opacity or use a pattern.

I don't like the idea of having a christmas theme on the site. Just because Christianity is (possibly) the largest religion on these forums and of people who visit the site doesn't mean we should have a skin that reflects that.

I don't see why you Americans could have shoved Halloween down our throats, then.

Hmm. Maybe just change the background to something like the ChristmasNow skin? I just took the background from it and added a gradient map, maybe use something like this now and when Sal finishes his testing he could add more?

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/6938/salshd8.png

For the poll area and stuff either make the background like white 5% opacity or use a pattern.

Thats great its just what i was thinking also we should have a picture of differant sized snowflakes/snow and set it as background. and have a snow man next to the news like we used a pumkin last time

EXAMPLE

amothekinght222222222pd7.png

Edited by Ambo100

I don't like the idea of having a christmas theme on the site. Just because Christianity is (possibly) the largest religion on these forums and of people who visit the site doesn't mean we should have a skin that reflects that.

I don't see why you Americans could have shoved Halloween down our throats, then.

You seem to be implying that every American chose to put that on the site. As far as I know, that was 100% Sal's choice, so you should be voicing your opinion to him. :P

It seems that with any skin it will exclude some people, so it would be best to just leave it as the default. :)

You seem to be implying that every American chose to put that on the site. As far as I know, that was 100% Sal's choice, so you should be voicing your opinion to him. :rolleyes:

It seems that with any skin it will exclude some people, so it would be best to just leave it as the default. ^_^

It's a Runescape fansite, only do it on runescape events then. If anyone complains, point your finger to Jagex. Problem solved. <_<

Oh sorry 'bout the forum thing, didn't read the post properly (or bothered to click the links since you can't - at least - go to the tip.it forums if not a member) you could explain a bit further though...

Anyway - this is a minor thing I guess, could be a good idea to make a contest about it (saves work and adds fun etc.)

I don't know if people of other religion would consider it offensive to have pictures or symbols on the website that has to do with the stereotypical christmas rather than the birth of jesus... Most people who aren't christians and don't take their religion extremely serious celebrate christmas too (by getting/giving presents etc.) so I don't think people will start ranting about it unless they are strongly religious towards somethign else

I don't know if people of other religion would consider it offensive to have pictures or symbols on the website that has to do with the stereotypical christmas rather than the birth of jesus... Most people who aren't christians and don't take their religion extremely serious celebrate christmas too (by getting/giving presents etc.) so I don't think people will start ranting about it unless they are strongly religious towards somethign else

I know thats why i said we could just have a winter theme! no angels, santa or raindeers (However you spell it) just maybe a snowflake background with a snowman somewere

I know thats why i said we could just have a winter theme! no angels, santa or raindeers (However you spell it) just maybe a snowflake background with a snowman somewere

I actually tried to work against the christmas-themes-are-bad-for-people-of-other-religion ...

i dont think you read what i said! i said we should to a winter theme. im not even chrtistian i just thought it would be a good idea