This is a member area in which players train the Slayer skill by killing the slayer monsters known as Killerwatts. They are given as an assignment by Vannaka and Chaeldar.
Warning: Before entering this area you must be warned that if you are epileptic you should not enter this area without first disabling Flickering Effects in your in-game Graphics Options.
To kill killerwatts you need at least level 37 slayer and you should be able to deal with a powerful level 55. They use magical attacks, so you should be able to wear dragonhide armor and have a decent weapon.
These are insulated boots, they are essential for killing killerwatts, without them you will die. You can buy them from any slayer master.
- Helmet: Berserker Helmet - Good Defence (can be swapped with Farseer Helm). Or if you have a Killerwatt assignment you could use Black Mask (see note below).
- Necklace: Amulet of Glory - Allows quick Teleportation to Draynor Village.
- Weapon: Whip or Dragon Long/Scimitar - Needed to hit high damage.
- Gloves: Dragonhide vambraces, Klank's Gauntlets, (Bronze - Barrows) Gloves or Steel Gauntlets (reward from Family Crest quest).
- Shield: Defender, Saradomin Book or Elemental shield - All have good magic Defence bonus.
- Body: Best dragonhide you can wear - You need good magic Defence
- Legs: Best dragonhide you can wear - You need good magic Defence
- Boots: Insulated Boots - Needed to kill Killerwatts!
- Ring: No ring is needed but ring of wealth gives better drops.
- Cape: Legends, Fire, Obsidian, Achievement or God Cape - You need good magic Defence
Note: The Black Mask gives a 15% attack bonus against a monster you are assigned to kill.
There is a portal leading to the area from draynor manor. Follow the path on the map to get to Draynor Manor from Draynor Village:
When you get inside, head up to the top floor to reach the portal:
Click on the portal and Professor Oddenstein will talk to you:
Warning: If you do not have insulated boots on you will get this message:
Inside the area will look like this:
And this is a killerwatt:
Killerwatts are level 55, and require 37 slayer to kill. They are also non-aggressive. They are the only things of interest in this area.
If you didn't bring insulated boots this will happen to you:
To leave the area, walk to the white portal called home portal.
If you are lost, it's the only thing on the mini-map besides yellow dots: