Table of Contents
- Essential Info
- Getting Started
- Method One: Sheer the Sheep
- Method Two: Using the Grand Exchange
- Method Three: Buying From Other Players
- Completing the Quest
- Fast Quest Walkthrough
Begin by speaking to Fred, located in his house northwest of Lumbridge Castle.
* Indicates an item that is obtained during this quest.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: None.
Tip: To save time, make sure you have at least 20 inventory spaces open for the Wool you need, and an extra space if you plan to shear the sheep yourself.
There are three main ways to complete this quest:
- You can sheer the sheep yourself.
- Buy the wool from the Grand Exchange.
- Buy the wool directly from other players.
Collecting the Wool
For this method, you will need a pair of sheers. If you don't have a pair, there is a pair in Fred's farmhouse on the table which you can take.
After getting the shears, you can enter the sheep pen to the east (any sheep from around RuneScape will do) right click on a sheep and choose the "shear" option to shear the sheep and obtain some Wool. Do this 20 times to 20 different sheep and you will have 20 pieces of Wool. If while you are shearing a sheep it runs away, just press the shear option again and it will be sheared.
Spinning the Wool
Make your way to the symbol on your mini-map, and then use a piece of Wool on the spinning wheel to display a window with options. Right click on the Ball of Wool on the screen and select the "Make All Ball of Wool" option to spin all of your Wool into balls of wool.
Once you have 20 balls of wool, you can continue to the Completing the Quest section below.
Go to the Grand Exchange in Varrock and buy 20 balls of wool. Currently, balls of wool sell for about 10gp each on the Grand Exchange, so you can expect to pay around 200gp to buy 20 of them. This is probably the quickest way to complete this quest, as long as you have the money to spend.
This method also costs money, and requires you to trade another player for balls of wool. For this reason, you should expect to pay much more than the Grand Exchange method above: up to 10,000gp for 20 balls of wool.
There are three good locations for buying wool:
- Outside Lumbridge Castle - this location is nearby, but it may be difficult finding a seller here.
- Either of the Varrock banks - this is the most used location.
- The eastern Falador bank - World 103 usually has lots of people, but it may be difficult finding a seller in this area.
Now just head to one of these locations and say "Buying 20 balls of wool for 1k". Wait a short time for someone to trade with you (if you don't get a trade request, repeat), and if someone wants more money (no more than 10,000gp) for 20 balls of wool, accept their trade.
Completing the Quest
150 Crafting experience
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Talk to Farmer Fred
- [^] Method One: Shear the Sheep
- [^] Method Two: Using the Grand Exchange
- [^] Buy 20 balls of wool from the Grand Exchange.
- [^] Method Three: Buying From Other Players
- [^] Trade a player for 20 balls of wool.
- [^] Bring the 20 balls of wool back to Farmer Fred.
- [^] Quest complete!