In a long quest that includes many fairy tale elements, such as The Griffin, Rapunzel , Alice in Wonderland , Jack and the Beanstalk , and of course the Grimm Brothers, go through this most unusual adventure through Runescape.
Table of Contents
- Essential Info
- Getting Started
- The Griffin Feather
- Freeing Rupert the Beard
- Up the Beanstalk
- Fast Quest Walkthrough
Speak to Sylas who can be found south of the Taverly House Portal.
- Skills: Ability to defeat a level 97 monster, 45 Farming, 52 Herblore, 58 Thieving, 59 Agility, 71 Woodcutting
- Quests: Witch's House
- Items: 2x Clean Tarromin, 1x Hatchet, 1x Leather Gloves*, 1x Seed Dibber, 2x Vial of Water, 1x Watering Can
* Indicates an item that is obtained during this quest.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: Armour, Falador Teleport, Food, 2-4x Prayer Potion
- Difficulty: Master
- Length: Medium
Head to Sylas, who can be found north of the Witch's House, and speak to him. He will tell you that you need Beans, however to get them you will need to get 2 items for him, the first being a Griffin Feather.
The Griffin Feather can be obtained from the Griffin that is found in its nest on White Wolf Mountain. See map below for location of nest and how to get there from Sylas.
The Griffin Feather
Talk to the Griffin and it will say that it is hungry and wants to eat your legs. When there is a multiple-choice option, choose that "I heard you were a great and mighty Griffin!" and you can go straight onto the story, otherwise you will get hit 1000-2000 Life Points and have to start talking to him again.
You will start telling a story, and at 6 points will have to choose an option to make Grimgnash like it. If you choose the wrong option you will get hit similar to when you first talked to him (if you chose the wrong option). The correct options have a box around them in the below image.
If you get anything wrong, you won't have to start all over again, but just carry on from the point that you last got something correct.
Freeing Rupert the Beard
There will then be a number of options, and he will tell you that his prized possession is a horn-less Unicorn! More talking will reveal the location of Rupert, the owner of the Helmet, to be south of the Mind Altar, east of Goblin Village and west of Ice Mountain.
Teleporting to Falador would slightly speed up your journey, otherwise a basic walk will do the job.
You will find that Rupert is at the top of the tower, and you will offer to help him. Unfortunately you are overheard by Miazrqua, princess of Asgarnia.
Head back over the wall, head north of the tower and talk to Miazrqua - somebody who is holding Rupert prisoner! Once you have talked to her, head back to the Drain Pipe, and speak into it again, saying "I could try and climb up." and "Is there anything up there that can help?" when there are multiple choice options.
She will explain her problem, and tell you that her 2nd cousin twice removed is the Witch encountered during the Witch's House Quest. When she was visiting her cousin's house, she dropped her Pendant and a mouse took it. More talking will get her to give you the Key to enter the house.
Head to the long house in Taverly used during the Witch's House Quest, bringing 2 Water Filled Vials and 2 Tarromin with you to save time later. Another helpful thing to bring is a teleport of some kind to save you having to walk through a maze again in the opposite direction.
Look under one of the plant pots if you do not already have the key to the Witch's house. Head down the ladder in the northern part of the house and search the Crates, Boxes and Stacks until you find a pair of Leather Gloves.
Add the Ogleroots to get 2 Shrink-me-quick Potions.
If you accidentally drink, or lose, either of these Potions, you can get more Ogleroots by killing the level 92 Experiment No.2s which are found below the manhole outside the Witch's House. They will drop Ogleroots as well as Grimy Herbs - several Herbs at a time.
Climb up the ladder out of the Basement, and head to the small room to the south of the house that leads into the garden as well as having a Mouse hole in it. Once in this room, drink one of the Potions and you will view a cut-scene in which you shrink and walk into the hole.
Once through the hole, you will be in a strange world where everything looks large. If you decide to kill one of the level 95 Mice, the drops that appear will appear to be massive!
Although they may be there, there isn't a need to kill any of the Mice that are around, but instead you will have to navigate through a maze consisting of climbing up nails.
All the Nails you need to navigate to find the Pendant go up bar one, and all the passages are fairly short, although each one has its own level 88 Mice as inhabitants. The directions to find the Pendant are:
- Up Northern Nails
At the end of the maze you will find the Pendant.
Take the Pendant to Miazrqua, and there will be a cut-scene showing Rupert coming out of the tower, shouting 'FREEDOM' in the process.
Up the Beanstalk
Now that he has got the 2 items he wanted, he will talk about what he now wants you to do. Legend has it that once upon a time there was a Goblin called Gubblebak that was in the Smithing industry, and one day he fell into a pot of molten Gold. The natural instinct for him was a jump into cold water, however all this did was harden the Gold so that he got trapped. This Golden Goblin is what is wanted from you now, and Magic Beans will help you find it.
The Beans will need to be Planted in a patch south-east of Sylas, and south-west of the Taverly Wood Tree Farming Patch, and watered. The grown plant will then be climbed, the Giant at the top slayed, and the loot brought back down.
Now that the Beanstalk has grown, you will need to get ready for battle before climbing it.
During the battle if you are using Prayers such as Protect from Melee, they will randomly be turned off a certain points, and a number of Prayer Points, about 20, will be taken away from your Prayer. Due to this, taking Prayer Potions along with a few pieces of good Food with you is a helpful thing. When your Prayer is off, you will be at danger from hits hitting into the high teens, so high healing Food will mean that less time is wasted eating. The Prayer Potions are suggested since Prayer Points will be removed, and it is a lot easier to try and keep Prayer on as much as possible than eating after every hit.
If you don't want this problem to occur, you can hide behind the rocks that are scattered around the battleground and Mage or Range from behind them. When you get called towards Glod, quickly turn on Protect from Melee to stop damage being hit, then run back to your safe spot to carry on killing.
He also has other effects that will take place during the battle. He will heal himself, so the battle will last even longer, and relying purely on Food is even less sensible. He also will make chants that will bring you towards him in anger to fight, and also make you run away. When you are running away, it is wasting time, so having Auto-Retaliate on is helpful.
If you do want to escape, but don't have the ease of a Teleport, climbing down the Beanstalk is an option, although you may get stuck on the rocks scattered around, or on Glod himself, so leaving a couple of pieces of food before an escape run is sensible.
Before heading into battle, drinking a Super Set will help speed up the Battle, and get you hit less if you don't have Prayer above your head.
Once he is dead he will drop an Uncut Ruby, Uncut Sapphire, 2 Big Bones, a Watering Can (4) and the Golden Goblin.
Pick up the Golden Goblin, and if you wish to do so, pick up the rest of the items that he dropped. Climb down the Beanstalk and take the Golden Goblin to Sylas who will tell you that the Beanstalk needs to be cut down incase any of Glod's friends try to come down it.
With the second Shrink-me-quick Potion and a Woodcutting Axe, head back to the Beanstalk and use the Potion with it.
Now that the Beanstalk has been chopped down, head back to Sylas and talk to him. He will explain about the helmet, and the secrets of how it made Rupert's hair so strong. He will also say that you can keep the Helmet.
- 1 Quest Point Dwarven Helmet 14,000 Woodcutting experience 6,000 Agility experience 6,000 Thieving experience 5,000 Herblore experience 5,000 Constitution experience 4,000 Farming experience
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Speak to Sylas
- [^] Head to the Griffin Nest found on White Wolf Mountain
- [^] Talk to the Griffin - telling him he is a great and mighty Griffin
- [^] If you chose the wrong option, talk to him again, if not, it will carry on with no need to speak again, and tell him a story with lots of death, fire and destruction in - choose the most scary option from the ones that come up at each point
- [^] Take the Griffin Feather once he is asleep
- [^] Take the Griffin Feather to Sylas
- [^] Head to the tower found south of the Mind Altar, east of Goblin Village and west of Ice Mountain
- [^] Climb over crumbling wall
- [^] Talk into drain pipe and offer to help
- [^] Talk to Miazrqua
- [^] Talk into the drain pipe again, offering to climb up, asking whether there is something up there to help
- [^] Climb up the Beard
- [^] Talk to Rupert
- [^] Climb down the Beard
- [^] Talk to Miazrqua
- [^] Head to the house used in the Witch's House Quest, taking 2 Water Filled Vials and 2 Tarromin with you
- [^] Head down the ladder
- [^] Search the Crates, Boxes and Stacks to find some Leather Gloves
- [^] Equip the Gloves
- [^] Go through the Gate
- [^] Search the Music Stand
- [^] Read the Music Sheet you find, taking note of the order of the notes
- [^] Head back through the gate
- [^] Play the notes that are on the Music Sheet on the Piano in the basement
- [^] Search the compartment that opened
- [^] Read the Recipe
- [^] Add the Tarromin to the Vials of Water, then add the Ogleroot
- [^] Stand in the southern room of the Witch's House (the one with the mouse hole) and drink one of the Potions to make you small
- [^] Follow the maze of nails until you find the Pendant - north, up, south, west, up northern nails, south, up, east, north, down, north, up
- [^] Take the Pendant to Miazrqua
- [^] Take the helmet Rupert give you to Sylas
- [^] With the Magic Beans he gives you, head south-east and plant them in the Earth Mound
- [^] Water the mound
- [^] Get equipment to kill a level 97 monster that heals itself, and will randomly turn off your prayer, lowering it slightly at the same time
- [^] Climb up the Beanstalk
- [^] Kill Glod
- [^] Pick up the Golden Goblin that is dropped
- [^] Take the Golden Goblin to Sylas
- [^] Use a Shrink-me-quick Potion on the Beanstalk
- [^] Chop down the Beanstalk
- [^] Head back to Sylas and talk to him
- [^] Quest Complete!