A Soul's Bane
Table of Contents
- Official Briefing
- Essential Info
- Quest Walkthrough
This page references an aspect of RuneScape from 2007, also known as "Old School RuneScape." This content may have changed since then.
If you are looking for the modern RuneScape guide for this content, please see our A Soul's Bane guide.
Quest Release Date: 03 April 2006
A rift in the ground has opened up, releasing all manner of strange monsters into the lands near the Dig Site. A sorrowful mother waits at the top of the rift for her long-lost son, who has been missing for 25 years. You can journey down into the rift for an adventure full of twisted monsters, all created from the mind of a young boy driven to madness through incarceration.
Begin by talking to the old women named Launa who can be found north of the glider in the Digsite.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: Decent armour and food
- Difficulty: Novice
- Length: Short
The Anger Room
To do this, you have to kill the monsters in the room. You will have a choice of taking a weapon from the weapon rack, and each weapon only hurts one type of monster in the room:
- Sword - Anger Unicorn
- Spear - Anger Bear
- Mace - Anger Giant Rat
- Battleaxe - Anger Goblin
Don't be surprised if you hit high in the room: as you can see from the pictures below, it's natural to hit well over 100!
Kill the animals in the room until your Anger Meter fills up, and once it's full, your character will do a weird dance and a dragon comes out.
The Fear Room
The Confusion Room
In this room you will see lots of doors and monsters. Leave the doors alone for now, and instead go and attack one of the Confusion Beasts. Keep attacking the beast until it disappears. Don't stop attacking the beast, even if you are hitting zero. Attack every monster and eventually you will find the real Confusion Beast. You will know when you have found the real Confusion Beast as you will be hurting it instead of hitting zero's.
Note: If you run, the Confusion Beasts may mage you!
The Hopeless Room
In this room, you'll have to kill each monster 3 times. When you get it's first form down to 0 hitpoints, it will shrink down and regain its' hitpoints and you'll have to fight it again. After killing it for a third time, it will disappear completely. Now cross the Bridge of Hope and enter the Black Hole.
The Last Room
When you enter the black hole from the hopeless room, you will see another cut scene - but this time it is between the father and... the tentacles... I mean son, as they reminisce.
When Tolna has woken up, speak to him. When the conversation is over you will appear outside. Once you are outside, Launa will no longer be there, but Tolna will. Speak to Tolna and he will tell you about what he was doing inside the rift. Then he will thank you, and give you your reward. Congratulations! Quest Complete!
- 1 Quest Point 500gp 500 Defence experience 500 Constitution experience Access to the Dungeon of Tolna.
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- [^] Talk to Launa
- [^] Use Rope with Rift
- [^] Take Weapon from rack and kill Monsters to fill up Anger Meter
- [^] Go through the exit after seeing a cut-scene
- [^] Search all the Dark Holes until a Fear Reaper appears
- [^] Kill the Fear Reaper
- [^] Repeat steps 5 and 6 five times
- [^] Enter Black Hole after seeing a cut-scene
- [^] Attack each monster until it disappears (if you can't do damage to it) or you kill it (if you can do damage)
- [^] Repeat step 9 five times
- [^] Enter the remaining door after seeing a cut-scene
- [^] Kill all the monsters three times
- [^] Cross the bridge and enter the Black Hole
- [^] Kill the 3 Tentacles after seeing a cut-scene
- [^] Speak to Tolna
- [^] You will appear outside the rift, so speak to Tolna again
- [^] Quest Complete!