Table of Contents
- Official Briefing
- Essential Info
- Quest Walkthrough
Quest Release Date: 04 January 2001
The Lumbridge Castle cook is in a mess. It is the Duke of Lumbridge's birthday and the cook is making the cake.
He needs a lot of ingredients and doesn't have much time.
Begin by speaking with the Cook in Lumbridge Castle.
- Skills: None.
- Quests: None.
- Items: None.
- Difficulty: Novice
- Length: Short
To start this quest, go to Lumbridge Castle and speak with the Cook on the first floor. He says that he's forgotten some of the ingredients for the cake that he was going to bake for the King. Tell him that you'll help him out, and he says that he needs some milk, an egg, and some flour.
So, leave the castle and head north along the road until you reach the General Store. Buy a bucket for 2gp, and a pot for 1gp. Now we can get all of the ingredients for the cake! Here's a map of the useful places used during this quest:
After buying a bucket and pot, just walk over the bridge to the east, continuing to the Cow Pen. Once inside, use the empty bucket with a Dairy Cow to get some fresh Milk.
Leave the Cow Pen and walk north along the road until you come to a small Chicken Farm. Now go inside and head to the northwest corner to find an egg respawn. Pick an egg up and leave the farm.
Travel south along the road from the Chicken Farm, back over the bridge and past the General Store. Walk west along the road until you come across a Wheat Field. Pick a piece of wheat, leave the field and travel a short distance north to the windmill. Climb to the top of the mill, use the grain with the Hopper, and then operate the controls next to the Hopper. Now climb all the way down the ladder, and empty the Flour Bin by clicking on it.
Finishing the Quest
Now that you've got all of the ingredients, head back to the cook by traveling east on the road until you reach the castle. Talk to him again, give him the milk, egg and flour, and you're finished!
- 1 Quest Point 300 Cooking experience You can now cook on the Lumbridge Castle stove. This stove is known to burn less food than an ordinary stove, and because of the Lumbridge Castle Bank being located upstairs, makes this one of the best place to cook food in RuneScape!
Fast Quest Walkthrough
- Speak to the Lumbridge Castle Cook.
- Obtain a Bucket and Pot.
- Use the Bucket with a Dairy Cow to get a Bucket of Milk.
- Retrieve an Egg from the nearby chicken farm.
- Pick some Grain from the wheat field.
- Use the Grain with the hopper upstairs in the nearby windmill.
- Operate the Hopper Controls, and then collect the Flour at the bottom of the windmill.
- Return to the castle cook and speak to him.
- Quest complete!